quinta-feira, 31 de julho de 2008

social competence


Hello, how are you ? Well that’s nice to know, ‘cause a lot of the time people lie, you know … When you ask them how they are, if you meet somebody on the street or whatever and say “How you doing?” They say “I’m fine, how are you?” And you say “I’m fine,” and then you say, “See ya,” ‘cause, you can’t really be bothered with human communication a lot of the time you know ... And if you tell people the truth they can often get very upset, you know … if somebody says “How you doing?” and you say “I’m terrible, I have piles, all my skin is falling off, I live with an old woman I don’t really know underground and we have to suck stones for money, and I have a very rare eye disease and this amazing collection of ming objects that got broken yesterday by a falling pig, everything’s pretty shit and I wanna die,” what will the other person say ? They’ll just go, “oh, ok see ya” ‘cause they … you know .

Um comentário:

Diana Gondim disse...

eu concordo que essa falsa preocupação com os outros ao perguntar "como vc ta" é mesmo irritante, mas por outro lado estar cheio de problemas etc e tal e se achar um infeliz na merda também é uma questão de ponto de vista.. não? XD


bjs!